Friday, February 5, 2010

A BOY'S CHILDHOOD HEROES

I have been thinking a lot about the heroes that I had during my childhood. I believe the kind of heroes we have in our youthful years have a very strong influence in our life, and help determine much of our personality.

Here is a list of my boyhood heroes. They are listed in the order that they became my hero.

1. My father CLYDE McDONNELL

2. My grandfather ANDREW BOYLE

3. JOHN BROWN

4. A neighborhood older boy RUSSELL SMITH

5. GERONIMO

6. WINSTON CHURCHILL

7. JOHN L. LEWIS

8. COLIN KELLY

9. HARRY S, TRUMAN

As I got older and gained more knowledge about them, I realized that they were individuals who had their faults and made mistakes as do we all. This knowledge did not tarnish my image of them; just the opposite happened. It made them more heroic in my eyes. The shine on these nine names have never dimmed in my mind. I think about them quite often (especially the first two) and realize that I am still trying to learn from them.

CLYDE

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY